Friday, March 16, 2007

Apparently I have a REALLY obnoxious laugh. Not that I didn't know that already...

Today I learned that my maternal grandmother's oldest sister, my great-aunt, passed away today. She was very old and frail and we were all expecting it, so I don't think anyone is in shock over this, but she was a sweet old woman and helped out my family several times, and I was sorry to learn about her death.

My grandmother is coming up this weekend. I don't know if she's staying here, but I think she is, so it's probably for the best that I cleaned the house, because it means my mother doesn't have to deal with that right now on top of everything else. I'll just have to clean the upstairs.

---------------------------

Before I learned all this, I spent the evening with Mistake, which was cool. We don't have "girl time" all that much and it was nice to just get to hang out and talk and check out her very cute new hairstyle, and get her advice. Usually at school we can't really talk much because either Closer is loitering nearby or we're in a dorm or a public place.

So it's probably good that I happened to need her advice at the same time that we were at home, and at the same time that I needed to drop off a load of trashy romance novels from my mom to hers, because they exchange trashy romance novels and have for years, which always makes me and Mistake torn between laughter and disturbance. One doesn't like to think of one's mother as a reader of supermarket bodice-rippers.

Incidentally, the presence of a big bag of trashy romance novels in my car was the primary drive behind my telling Writer Guy that the car was "dirty" and suggesting that we take his. And yes, the car was dirty. Just more metaphorically so than literally.

My Hair Should Be Orange

Expressive, deep, and one of a kind.
I pull off "weird" well - hardly anyone notices.

No comments: