Sunday, April 15, 2007

Gave up all hope of finishing the homework tonight.

I met Ryter's father today; we drove down in the rain to his condo and watched an episode of DS9 ("Trials and Tribble-ations," it's hilarious and very well-done special-effects wise) before heading over to Bluefin for dinner.

Now, when Shrewd and I get sushi, we order three rolls (that's like 24 pieces, for those of you who don't eat sushi), then split the bill. If we feel like splurging, we get vegetable tempura as an appetizer. The bill is usually about $30, including tea and tip.

Tonight? We got three appetizers, including octopus (I think I'm not going to eat that again, partially because I felt weird eating it, which indicates to me that octopi are a bit too intelligent for ingestion, and partially because it has the texture of moist eraser); then this huge platter of assorted sushi (I liked the eel), followed by a couple more plates of rolls and dessert. I didn't see the bill. But his dad did mime a heart attack after seeing it.

First time I was ever full after eating sushi, though.

His dad's really nice (and generous), and I saw a lot of similarities between the two of them-- even more than I expected. Wasn't awkward at all, which is more than I can say for when Ryter will eventually meet my dad.

No comments: