Thursday, April 26, 2007

Because it ain't cookin' 'til somethin's on fire

Floralia continues. I figured in honor of the festival, here's the day's flower:



--------------------------------------------------


Uh... I was tired all day, despite going to bed ridiculously early last night (10:30); skipped PLTL... what else.

Today was the last day of Group. This semester's group was so much nicer than last, as in, we didn't lose 75% of our members by the end. For the last session, we just went around and talked about how awesome everyone else was. It was a totally back-patting extravaganza. Still, everyone was really great and I'll miss seeing them. I don't think I'll do the Group next year; this would be a hard act to follow and anyway, I won't be seeing the psychiatrist at the school so they won't LET me go to Group. Oh well. Maybe I'll do the Anxiety group, if they let me... probably not, though.

--------------------------------------------------


Ryter sacrificed his kitchen to me today, and as I struggled to deal with his tiny counters (apartments are not conductive to baking) I made massive amounts of cookies and one massive cookie, all with more chocolate chips than cookie dough, and we made nachos with mountains of cheese and as Ryter attempted to brown his hamburger meat something in his stove caught fire and next thing we knew he was pouring water over it and I was running around opening windows and turning on fans...

It was good, though, and the smoke detector stopped screaming once I took it off the wall and left it dangling there. We were celebrating the completion of his novel and I was destressing by baking (it's the best way I know to relax), so two birds were killed with a large, floury stone. Plus he now owns various baking supplies. Not that I expect them to ever get used; I used his measuring cups on their maiden voyage. I was just glad he had them...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

beaj, you're such a cool guy. Someday I hope to be as cool as you; a 46 year old man leaving hilariously juvenile comments on a teenager's personal blog. I'm sure you do this because you're cool and awesome, and not horribly insecure and imbalanced in real life. Certainly not!

Basiorana said...

The person who leaves rude comments under the name "BEAJ" is not actually the same guy who writes "The Atheist Jew" blog (though sometimes that BEAJ leaves me comments-- nice ones). It's just some jerkwad who is trying to get the real BEAJ in trouble. He's an anti-Semite and a misogynist who idolizes Hitler and lives to troll people on the internet. But he's not the same guy.

Don't want BEAJ to get a bad name!

Anonymous said...

Aha. That's even better. Someone PRETENDING to be a 46 year old man and leaving hilariously juvenile comments is a whole different level of lameness.