Sunday, February 25, 2007

"An important person will offer you support."

100th Post! WOOOOOOO! Parrrrrrr-tay!

Okay, done now.

----------------

Today is the Regifugium, an annual holiday commemorating the flight of the last king of Rome, Tarquinius.

----------------

You can tell I got distracted talking to Writer Guy again because Mistake's not even here and I'm posting wicked late on a Saturday night. Hell, I've posted wicked late most nights this week. Honestly, we start talking and we don't stop until someone has to go do something, like sleep or host a party. This is him. I don't host parties. My room is about 15 ft by 10 ft. Vastly impractical party-having space.

Besides, I have what, five friends? Six, maybe?

----------------

Mummy and Daddy came up to take me to eat seafood at Newick's again (if you go there, get the butterfly shrimp scampi. Trust me), and to go see Agamemnon. Agamemnon was interesting. I actually didn't like it as well as Electra, because Electra had music and singing and the punk theme was really fun. Agamemnon was a post-WWII theme, with Agamemnon as the returning war hero. The chorus was done as the press, and though I disliked their chanting, it worked okay when they talked alone.

There was also lots of kissing. The herald kissed two different female reporters. Or maybe it was the same one twice and I wasn't paying enough attention (She was rather startled the first time. Which leads me to think he grabbed the wrong girl and made up for it the second time. Or he just likes kissing). Then Agamemnon kissed Clytemnestra like four times. Then Cassandra once. Then Clytemnestra again. Twice. And then at the end, Aegisthus kissed Clytemnestra a couple times. There was much exchange of spit. I think if someone had mono on that cast, it would have been disastrous.

Also when the herald first came out, he was talking and praising the gods and he totally did this "Hermesss... god of heraaaaalds..." bit, a bit like saying "you da maaaaaaaaan" that was HILARIOUS. I think all prayer should start with a "you da maaaaaaan!" -esque greeting.

And when Clytemnestra hit the floor and wrapped her arms around Agamemnon's legs, he jumped back a bit, in character, but slightly out in the sense that the rush was probably more due to the dangerous proximity her head was to smacking right into his crotch.

------------------

I made the mistake of mentioning that someone was reading my writing, thus inspiring me to write more, to my folks. My mother drew out the story of Writer Guy and she was way too interested in the matter. Though she at least dropped it when I said "I doubt he's interested in me, I'm thinking friends here." Daddy? Not so much. For a dad who should be protective of his daughters, he is very pushy about the "you should be in a relationship! you should talk to guys!" bit.

Then he switched to lecturing me about writing, and different stuff I should do to improve it, most of which I either knew, or thought was vastly impractical and didn't make sense for my genres anyway.

Grr.


Oh. This I thought was HILARIOUS. And appropriate to today's blog.

I'm an Expert Kisser

I'm a kissing pro, but it's all about quality and not quantity.
I've perfected my kissing technique and can knock anyone's socks off.
And I'm adaptable, giving each partner what they crave.
When it comes down to it, my kisses are truly unforgettable.
I must be a natural, then, because I sure ain't been doing much kissin' in this lifetime!

No comments: