Tuesday, February 27, 2007

"The shortest distance between two people is a smile."

Today is the Equirria, a festival of Mars/Ares involving army purification and horse races and driving a random scapegoat out of Rome. But yeah, don't care today.

------------

Yesterday's post was me being confused. Today's is me being no longer confused, just HAPPY... and nervous. Very nervous.

Let me start at the beginning. Today I met Writer Guy for lunch. I was incredibly nervous, to the point where I wasn't even sure I'd be able to eat at all, and then I wound up in the wrong spot waiting for him, because I don't really know my way around the MUB. Finally I got to the right spot, and one of the first things he said to me was, "Wow. Your pictures do not do you justice," which is a pretty sweet way to greet a person.

(And comforting, because I was unable to shake the irrational fear that it would be something along the lines of "Holy shit you're tall." That's not a problem, though, he's taller than me.)

We wound up going to DHOP since the MUB Food Court was crowded. On the way there, I managed to convey that I'm terribly ineloquent in person, at least compared to online. This was good, as I think he got the impression I was upset or something due to my being so quiet. And stammering.

My nervousness grew throughout the meal, as he kept staring at me. Like... we'd pause in the conversation, and he'd still be watching me, so I'd feel like I was supposed to say something, but I couldn't think of anything... But it wasn't nearly as awkward as it could have been, all things considered (like the fact that we met on Facebook. I mean... weird).

We hung out and talked and wandered around until I had to go get ready for class, and then he asked me to go out to dinner with him this weekend.

Okay, first thing: Why do guys always ask me out by saying "So I was wondering about asking you out..." or something similar? I mean, can't they just ask? It's essentially asking either way (Though admittedly better than "I've been told I have to ask you out," which was the last guy's strategy).

That said: Yay!

And now I know for sure that he's interested in me, so I don't have to convince myself that he's not any more! So I don't have to be upset when people make fun of me! Wait... I probably shouldn't be giving people permission to tease me...

Anyway, if this whole thing wasn't making me happy enough, the last thing he said to me tonight before I logged off AIM was that I was beautiful. To which the only thing I could say was "Aww, thank you." About which I'm still smiling.

Of course, he also mentioned that he didn't think I believed it in myself, which makes me wonder just how obvious I am about the whole thing.

My Hidden Talent

My natural talent is interpersonal relations and dealing with people.
I communicate well (dunno about that) and are able to bring disparate groups together.
My calming presence helps everything go more smoothly.
People crave my praise and compliments (dunno about that either).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful. Its a great feeling to be attractive to someone that you are attracted to. I hope it goes well.