Sunday, February 18, 2007

too lazy to get a cookie

Today is the Quirinalia, a festival devoted to Quirinus, one of the few Roman gods that doesn't have a Greek counterpart. The Romans considered him to be the deified Romulus, but he was originally a Sabine god that was incorporated into the Roman pantheon. He was a god of the Roman state.

The Quirinalia was celebrated with games. I think. I normally research these things better but I'm tired.

------------------------

I didn't get enough sleep last night, so I've been sleepy all day... My plans for today were dashed when it was decided that we would all watch The Sound of Music together. It was my father's birthday gift for my mother. Then I was going to go home after it, but we were looking at the extra features (it was a special-edition DVD) and I just had to see the Biography documentary on the real von Trapp family (did you know that the real Maria was the hard-nose, "tough" parent and the Captain was the sweet, loving one?), and then there was the reunion special with all the actors who had played the kids...

But I'm exhausted, so I'm shutting up now.


You Are a Centaur

In general, you are a very cautious and reserved person.
However, you are also warm hearted, and you enjoy helping others in practical ways.
You are a great teacher, and you are really good at helping people get their lives in order.
You are very intuitive, and you go with your gut. You make good decisions easily.

No comments: