Saturday, February 24, 2007

"Anything worth doing can be done."

Today is the Terminalia, in honor of Terminus, god of boundaries and, most likely, personal bubbles. A stone or post stuck into the ground to mark a property line was considered a statue to him. On the Terminalia, the two owners of the adjacent property crowned the statue with a garland, raised a makeshift altar, and offered corn, honeycombs, wine, and either a lamb or a piglet. Then they sang a song to the god.

-------------------

I knew a 3 AM this morning that it was going to be a bad day; I'd gotten to bed late last night and I woke up a few hours later to rush to the bathroom in pain. I didn't really get much sleep after that; all too soon I was waking up and stumbling over to Philbrook with Loquatia in a bit of a pained daze.

After breakfast was nearly revisited I decided to skip my first class and sleep. I wanted to skip Latin, too, but I couldn't get in touch with Libentra and I felt bad just not showing up without having anyone tell the professor why. It's a small enough class that a missing student is very noticeable.

Luckily I was feeling better enough that I wasn't running to the bathroom. In fact, I was feeling well enough that I was thinking I might go to the Trojan Women play after all. The last time Trojan Women was playing in an area near me I wasn't allowed to go see it because I was twelve and there was nudity. Now I'm not twelve and there's no nudity. So I was all set to go.

Then I got back here and started talking to Writer Guy and suddenly it was 7:30 and the play was already underway (and I was glad I hadn't bought tickets ahead of time).

I think he needs to stop being so interesting so I can get out of this room.

I did go to the social, tonight, which was cool because it was jewelry-making so I got to make jewelry (this is logical). And it doesn't sound like I missed much with the play, though; it wasn't another punk-rock extravaganza.

---------------------

And here. I don't know how accurate this is, but yeah.

Slow and Steady

My friends see me as painstaking and fussy.

They see me as very cautious, extremely careful, a slow and steady plodder.

It'd really surprise them if I ever did something impulsively or on the spur of the moment.

They expect me to examine everything carefully from every angle and then usually decide against it.

No comments: