Sunday, June 3, 2007

Look who's back

I got back from the Cape today. I have to say, I really feel different when I'm down there. Normally, I'm really self-conscious about my body, and would never dream of wearing, say, a tank top and a miniskirt. And yet my bathing suit covers about the same area (well, one of them, the others are essentially tank tops and panty bottoms) and when I'm at the Cape, in the park, I'll wear it around all day, even if I don't intend to swim. It's comfortable and I'd wear less clothing all the time if I had the confidence for it. Well, within reason, I'd still maintain a level of class. Hmm. Maybe I need to be living in a trailer to dress like trailer trash, I don't know, but I think it has more to do with the fact that a) no one cares, and there's no one I would consider my peer in the park-- most people are elderly or parents with young children, and b) I've always done it.

Anyway, I had a good weekend. I had a lobster dinner on Friday and a lobster roll on Saturday, both at Young's in Rock Harbor, best lobster rolls ever. I saw Pirates, the third one, and I honestly didn't think it was as bad as everyone said; then again, I'm used to complicated alliances and lots of characters and love scenes in the middle of battles. I mean, I read X-men.

This will be our last summer on the Cape, though, which is kinda sad but not unexpected. We don't go down there enough any more to make it worthwhile, and it's kinda expensive. I'll miss it, but what can you do. Besides, the place isn't even the same any more. There was a little cottage next to the park that was nice and small and humble, hidden partially behind sand dunes so the beach wouldn't wash away and take it with it. Now that little cottage has been turned into a two-story balconied monstrosity that destroys the view and the coastline.

There's a lot of little things like that. Dennisport's not the same. Although I hear the park itself is getting Wi-Fi, which would be pretty dang sweet.