Saturday, November 18, 2006

A Little Introduction

Hi.

I am the Frog-Kisser, or as they say in Latin, Basiorana (no, seriously, "basio rana" is Latin for "I kiss the frog"). Right now, though, frogs are the least of my concerns (well... maybe not the LEAST).

See, I'm a freshman at the University of New Hampshire in Durham, along with about 2,700 other kids. I'm also incredibly, horribly, painfully shy. And sure, I've got some great friends around here, like MakeaMistake, who's been my best friend since she smiled at me and asked me to sit with her on my first day at a new kindergarten. Plus there's Closerb4, Mistake's Prince Charming, though he started out as a real frog-boy. Apparently, sometimes if you kiss the same frog for long enough, they'll eventually turn into a prince too...

But anyway, besides Closer and Mistake, I've had a hard time making friends, mostly because I don't talk that much. Plus, if I'm talking to a stranger, I get so nervous, it becomes difficult to talk at all. So that's my goal: learn to interact with people. And I plan to chronicle my misadventures here.

I'm moving from Livejournal, if you'd like to see what I've been up to thus far: Frog-Kisser's Musings, Part I

------------------

So, some more character development. I'm nineteen years old, I have a wonderful, supportive family consisting of my parents, who are still together (gasp), a 21-year-old sister, The Shrewd, and a 16-year-old brother whom I'll probably just refer to as The Brother. He's annoying.

I'm currently living in a built-up triple (that's a room that's supposed to be for two people, but they've crammed three in because UNH took in too many students) with my roommates Tacita, who never talks, and Loquatia, who some might say doth talk to much. We managed to be one of the few rooms in which we were picked at random but we still wound up with three college girls who don't smoke, don't drink, and don't get in trouble. Yes, we do exist.

Also inhabiting the room: Ajax and Deiphobus, my Betta fish. They live in a tank on my dresser.

-----------------

I'm a bit of a geek, you'll see; I'm obsessed with classical mythology. That's why I named my Betta fish after Trojan War heroes. I'm writing a retelling of the Greek myths for a more modern audience, but I doubt it'll ever get done at the rate I'm going. I also write poetry, and not that angsty crap you see so much of these days, but actual rhyming poetry (okay, okay, I mostly don't write the angsty crap, but sometimes, you know, you just feel really angsty...). Oddly enough, my major is biology, since I want to be a doctor. Sometimes I confuse myself.

Well, I guess you'll pick up on the rest of this as I go along. I honestly don't know how many people will read this, but I figure it'll be good to have an introduction post. I'll write again later tonight with my REAL first post.

2 comments:

Uspekhov said...

So I guess that I am your FIRST, OFFICIAL, BEST blogger reader. Aren't you proud of me?

Congrats on introducing yourself. I bet I know a bit more than your audience, however

♥ Makeamistake

Basiorana said...

hmm, yes, I'd say you do... I dunno who my audience will be yet though...