I was tagged.
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
6. There is NO rule 6.
7. Failure to follow through with this meme will result in being run over repeatedly by the karma bus.
And without further ado, here are eight random facts/habits about MOI.
1. There are very few foods I dislike the taste of. I won't eat certain kinds of meat, and I've conditioned myself to dislike the smell and become nauseous if I taste it, but that's not a natural dislike. I don't like coffee, whole almonds (though that might also be psychological), the pulp in orange juice, or chicken livers. That's all that comes to mind.
2. I had a mole on my left arm when I was young that was almost a perfect circle, very normal-looking. I hated it with a perverted passion and the older I got, the more obsessed I was with it and wanting to be rid of it. I started to scratch at it, and eventually I was making myself bleed. My mom finally gave in when she realized how obsessive I was about that one thing and decided to let me get it removed for psychological reasons. Now, instead of a 2-mm-wide mole I have a 1 1/2 in long scar, and yes, I prefer it.
3. I inherited my grandmother's singing voice. She and her three sisters were very well known for their singing abilities. When they got together, it was like angels singing. Alas, those angels were more the "fire and brimstone" kind of angels than the "heavenly choir..." I always wanted to learn how to sing. I am capable of hitting five notes, and they're not even in order. I don't even have a full octave.
4. I have never sneezed just once that I can remember. It's always five or six times, sometimes as many as fifteen in a row. My classmates in high school used to start counting when I started sneezing to see if I would break the record.
5. When I was in first grade a classmate told me I had hairy legs. Thus rose another obsession-- I won't go longer than 36 hours without shaving and leave the house, even if I wear long pants.
6. Underneath my bed there is a large pink stain on the carpet from when I was five and used to play with this very soft, very heavily dyed piece of pink clay. That one piece of clay would always stain my palms pink and also got the carpet, my old sheets, several articles of clothing, and some of my brother's legos.
7. A girl asked me out once. We were both about 14. That was awkward. For me.
8. Music affects me more than it does most people. The beat, that is. The melody only marginally affects me, but the beat changes my heartbeat ever so slightly to match it, which changes the way that I feel. Consequently my idea of a great song is one where the way I feel inside matches whatever they're singing about. This is why I dislike my brother's drumming-- because a beat that strong and loud affects the way I feel, and most songs he play make me feel angry or at least apprehensive.
I'm cheating and tagging some LJ people too... But alas, not enough people read this blog to make it easy. If you don't want to be tagged, pretend you ducked.
Nate from Nate is a Blog
Amishav from Chai Expectations
BEAJ from the Atheist Jew
That's six, I know, but I honestly don't know that many people who both read this and have their own blog/journal.