Sunday, July 1, 2007

I'm all aloooooone...

Today was quite a day... It started when I woke up at 11:03 and was supposed to be at work at 11:00.

I rushed out the door, using perfume instead of showering and frantically calling my manager to tell her I wasn't going to be on time... She didn't answer the phone, so I was really freaking out because I thought I might have the wrong number and wasn't going to be able to contact her.

So I finally got to the mall and rushed in and the store wasn't open. Like, it was locked down and everything. I was confused. My first reaction was, "Holy shit, if the manager's the only one there are they not allowed to open the store?"

But I couldn't see my manager at all, so I asked at a nearby kiosk, and found out that she had apparently got all the way there and realized she forgot her keys, so she had to drive an hour round trip to go get them. This sort of incredibly convenient coincidence happens to me all the time, which is why I believe in a god...

So instead of being half an hour late I was half an hour early, and got to relax with a muffin and a Coolatta and laugh at the people who looked very, very confused that the place wasn't open yet.

But my manager, alas, was pretty frantic about the whole thing, so she had to work in the back room the whole morning and I was basically alone in the front of the store for the first hour. And then another guy didn't show up at all for his shift, no phone call, nothing, so I had to stay an extra hour. But I got a DVD about mitochondrial Eve so it's all good. Today was really, really not my manager's day though.

No comments: