Sunday, December 3, 2006

Wasted Existence

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!

The world's greatest website for a guide to Greek and Roman mythology, the Theoi Project, was banned by Google. I don't know why. All I know is now the site is gone and I have no way to do research and the past SIX MONTHS of writing that book are gone to waste thanks to stupid Google. I can't continue the book unless I can do research!

And to make matters worse, there goes all my references for my myth paper!

I'm really trying not to cry over a lost web page. But... six months. Six months. Over 50 pages, single-spaced, in Word. All useless, since I can't finish my research. There was no other site that had that information presented the way I needed it to be. So I really think I'm going to cry now.

I was having a good day today, even. A GOOD day. And now I can't concentrate on anything because all I can think about is the fact that I wasted so much time, and if I ever want to get anything done now I need to go out and find translations of over 100 Greek and Latin texts, read them, and hopefully pick out the occasional important fact from each. And I have a test tomorrow that I can NOT study for.

I hate my life.

No comments: